how to mark a port as installed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Sep 30 23:18:53 PDT 2007

On Sep 30, 2007, at 19:40, Aaron Voisine wrote:

> Is there any good way to mark a port as already having been installed
> if you've built and installed it manually? I don't want the version I
> built with special configure options to get overwritten when I install
> another port that depends on it.

By design, MacPorts only depends on other software installed using
MacPorts, and not on any software you've installed manually.

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/
FAQ#WhyisMacPortsusingitsownlibraries

If you need options for a software package that are not in the
MacPorts port for that software, perhaps the options can be added to
the port. Consult the port maintainer, or if there is none, this list.