dbus issue

Stefan Bruda bruda at cs.ubishops.ca
Tue Apr 1 17:24:39 PDT 2008

Hi,

At 11:27 -0500 on 2008-4-1 Joe Schnide wrote:

 > I completely deleted macports, did an install from scratch,
 > installed all the deluge port dependencies and still get the error
 > below on intel-based macs. The problem is not happening on my g4
 > macs, just on the intel-based macs. Is there more information that
 > needs to be provided on this issue?

Happened to me too (Intel Mac) and the solution turns out to be
trivial: a `mkdir /opt/local/etc/dbus-1/session.d' does it nicely.
While this is a workaround and not a port-based solution, it is too
simple and too straightforward to require a second thought (in my
opinion anyway) and is trivial to implement in the dbus port.

 > Thanks
 > Joe
 >
 > At 1:46 PM -0500 3/26/08, Joe Schnide wrote:
 > >Hello,
 > >
 > >Recently did the selfupdate and update installed ports. Now
 > >when I try to run deluge, X11 starts fine but I get the error:
 > >
 > >Failed to start message bus: Failed to read directory
 > >"/opt/local/etc/dbus-1/session.d": No such file or directory
 > >EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemon

Cheers,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't.  That's logic.