layout file for .tex files

Charlse Darwin macports.users at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 12:48:38 PDT 2008

On Apr 4, 2008, at 3:16 PM, Emmanuel Hainry wrote:
Citando Charlse Darwin :

> On Apr 4, 2008, at 12:25 PM, Bob Lounsbury wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Charlse Darwin
> <macports.users at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  $ port info lyx | grep Dep
>>
>>  Library Dependencies: qt4-mac, texlive, ImageMagick, python25
>
> Since texlive is listed here, I would 'assume' that you need to
> install the macports texlive package to complete the TeX install.
>
> Cheers,
> /Bob
>
> I have it installed already. I wouldn't install the Lyx without first
> installing its dependencies.
>
> $ port installed | grep texlive
>   texlive_base @2007_1 (active)
>   texlive_texmf-minimal @2007_0 (active)

No you don't, you have texlive_base installed, but not texlive (which
installs all the "binaries" in /opt/local/bin. For the fastest install,
you can 'sudo port install +minimal'. If you want a more complete latex
packages collection, forget about the +minimal.

Best,

Emmanuel