Error installing

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Apr 4 17:46:49 PDT 2008

Ian wrote:
> When trying to install MacPorts-1.6.0 i get the following error:
>
> "The following install step failed: run postflight script for
> MacPorts-1.6.0. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

This is just a outstanding bug in the 1.6.0 installer.

Run the following command to set up your .profile (the tinyurl links to
[1]):
$ curl -Lo postflight http://tinyurl.com/2qqbth && bash postflight

> Funny thing is there was no /etc/X11 directory even though it is
> installed. I created it and linked my .profile to it:
> Macintosh:~ ian$ cat /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
> source ~/.profile

Don't try messing around with X11. There is no /etc/X11 in Leopard. All
you need is to set up your .profile/.bashrc. Either automatically by the
postflight script or manually as described in the guide [2] and you are
done.

Rainer

[1]
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/branches/release_1_6/base/portmgr/dmg/postflight