upgrade outdated conflicts

Tom Allison tom at tacocat.net
Sun Apr 6 17:35:44 PDT 2008

I'm not certain about the incompatibility of postgres versions.  It is a
case by case issue, but generally the practice is to
dump/upgrade/restore if there is any doubt.  For my development box,
it's not an issue.

As for perl -- can you specific a minimum version requirement (>= 5.8)
instead of tagging it to a version.  This is something I've seen in
Debian, but I'm not familiar with the details of how they do it.