MzScheme framework path

Brian Campbell lambda at continuation.org
Sat Apr 12 15:17:53 PDT 2008

I'm trying to use the MzScheme port (I've actually updated the
portfile to the latest 372 version, but otherwise left it unchanged),
and it builds and installs just fine, but when I try to run it, I get
an error about it not being able to find the MzScheme framework:

$ mzscheme
dyld: Library not loaded: PLT_MzScheme.framework/Versions/372_3m/
PLT_MzScheme
   Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/mzscheme
   Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

If I set the environment variable DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH to /opt/local/
Library/Frameworks, then mzscheme works just fine. I'm just wondering
if this is the correct way to do this, or if there's something else
that should be set up to get this to work properly. If I later run
something from the GUI that needs to access the MzScheme framework
instead of the command line, this environment variable won't be set;
in that case, how do I make sure it looks in /opt/local/Library/
Frameworks?