permission errors with "port upgrade outdated"

Pete Crite hypocrite at lawyer.com
Tue Apr 15 16:12:18 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm still having trouble installing Gnumeric, due to consistent
crashes from python, but I attempted to do a "port upgrade outdated",
just in case this would fix it.

Now I'm getting a whole bunch of permission errors. e.g.
Error: Unable to upgrade port: can't create directory "/opt/local/var/
macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_d
bus": permission denied
Error: Unable to upgrade port: can't create directory "/opt/local/var/
macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_math_ff
tw-3": permission denied

Probably something very simple?

Thanks in advance,
Pete.