Building cairomm (inkscape dependency) fails

Guido Soranzio guido.soranzio at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 22:51:01 PDT 2008

On Apr 18, 2008, at 11:03 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:

>>> This sounds interesting.  I don't quite understand what you're
> suggesting I try, though.  Which file do I actually have to edit?

I have committed a new revision of cairomm-1.6 which does the
reverse and redefine "Status" before including the Carbon headers:
<http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/changeset/36132>.
Could you please test it?

There is still a problem with Inkscape 0.46, though: the Python
plugins require a "python" interpreter in your $PATH which should
link to MacPorts' own python2.5.

With Inkscape 0.45 a simple patch enforced Inkscape to use directly
${prefix}/bin/python2.5 but it doesn't seem to work anymore
so the new "live effects" don't work without the trick above.

-Guido