py25-numpy keeps wanting to install g95 on upgrade

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Apr 23 10:36:46 PDT 2008

On Apr 23, 2008, at 12:07 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> I'll file a bug once I confirm this isn't user error, but I have a
>> feeling that it's the funky way that the py25-numpy sets +g95 as a
>> default variant within a conditional block.
>
> I don't consider the way in which py25-numpy sets the default
> variant in a conditional to be funky. It's a strategy I employ in my
> ports too. I recommend it.

I personally don't like that style.

For the py25-numpy port, you can get equivalent functionality by
including the g95 variant stuff in the main port body and having the
gcc42/gcc43 variants do appropriate deletion/addition of depends_lib/
build.cmd

However, Ryan is right in that there may be a bug here since it should
probably work with things as they are set up.

--
Daniel J. Luke