apache2 install failed ?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 28 18:39:04 PDT 2008

On Apr 28, 2008, at 1:28 PM, Yvon Thoraval wrote:

> i wanted to install apache2 :
> $ sudo port install apache2
>
> which failed with :
> --->  Building apache2 with target all
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_www_a
> pache2/work/httpd-2.2.8" && make all " returned error 2
> Command output: Making all in srclib
> Making all in os
> Making all in unix
> [ -- trimmed -- ]
> libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
> libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'
> make[3]: *** [unixd.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

This was supposed to have been fixed. Please see this previous
message for suggestions:

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2008-April/
009771.html

Let us know if those don't work.

> also i want mysql5 + php5 + mod_ruby installed.
>
> does i need to install them afterwards ?

Sure. If you want to run a mysql server on this computer, run:

sudo port install mysql5 +server

If you don't want to run a mysql server (but only connect to an
existing server running on another machine) you can just do

sudo port install mysql5

If you want php5 with mysql5 support, run

sudo port install php5 +mysql5

Check "port variants php5" for other options.

I don't use ruby but to get mod_ruby you probably run

sudo port install mod_ruby