more woes with php 5.2.6

Tabitha McNerney tabithamc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 05:44:05 PDT 2008

Speaking of PHP5 (5.2.6), I added a postgresql81 variant to my Portfile (on
an Intel Xserve) like this (since I still run postgresql81 not postgresql82
and the php5 Portfile by default only has a variant for postgresql82):

variant *postgresql81* {
        depends_lib-append \
                port:postgresql81
        configure.args-append \
                --with-pgsql=${prefix}/lib/postgresql81/bin \
                --with-pdo-pgsql=${prefix}/lib/postgresql81/bin
}

I also add a build option for ldap and sasl in this section of the Portfile:

platform macosx {
    configure.args-append \
        --with-*ldap*=/usr \
        --with-*ldap-**sasl*=/opt/local \
        --with-kerberos=/usr \
        --with-iodbc=/usr
}

So when I go to build like this:

$ port -v install php5 +macosx+apache2+mysql5+postgresql81

I receive this error:

*Error*: *Requested variants do not match original selection*.
Please perform 'port clean php5' or specify the force option.

Indeed, if I rebuild with the force option like this:

$ port -v -f install php5 +macosx+apache2+mysql5+postgresql81

Then everything builds and installs to expectation, no errors.

I was wondering why the initial attempt (without the force) gives me the
Error message? Just what is the "original selection" and why would the
variants not match?

Thanks,

T.M.