transcode portfile

David Liontooth liontooth at cogweb.net
Fri Aug 1 10:47:45 PDT 2008

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Aug 1, 2008, at 01:19, David Liontooth wrote:
>
>> I'm enclosing the portfile for transcode 1.1.0 beta0, in which the
>> link to the new ImageMagick libraries has been fixed -- the port may
>> require a recent version of ImageMagick.
>>
>> The portfile works on Intel iMacs with 10.5.4 using
>>
>>    port install transcode +a52dec +faac +freetype +imagemagick +libdv
>> +libogg +libsdl +libtheora +libvorbis +libxml2 +x264 +xvid
>
> I committed your new portfile in r38879, except that I also removed
> the "revision 1" line, since every new version of a port should begin
> at revision 0.
Thanks. I did some further testing and it appears the ImageMagick
libraries are still not linked correctly -- we still need this workaround:

    cd /opt/local/lib
    ln -s libMagickCore.1.dylib libMagick.dylib

Older versions of ImageMagick work without the workaround; not sure
which version introduces the change from "libMagick" to "libMagickCore".
I've confirmed the beta0 version also builds on PPC, but it needs the
workaround with recent versions of ImageMagick.

I'm cc'ing upstream -- Francesco, I don't know what's happening here,
but the linking is still not working for the new ImageMagick.

> May I also add "use_parallel_build yes" to the port? It appears to
> work fine with that option and makes it compile faster on multicore
> machines.

Excellent!

My co-maintainer may have reservations on these changes; I regret we
haven't been able to sort out the linking issues yet.

David