more woes with php 5.2.6

Tabitha McNerney tabithamc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 04:51:38 PDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 2:59 AM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:

> Tabitha McNerney wrote:
>
>> So when I go to build like this:
>>
>>    $ port -v install php5 +macosx+apache2+mysql5+postgresql81
>>
>> I receive this error:
>>
>>    *Error*: *Requested variants do not match original selection*.
>>    Please perform 'port clean php5' or specify the force option.
>>    Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>>

> When you have done something like 'port configure <portname> +foo +bar',
> you can't run 'port build <portname> +baz' because the variants did not
> match what you selected before (the "original selection"). Of course this
> was just an example and is also valid for all other phases.

Rainer and friends,

What I find interesting is that I have never used, to the best of my
knowledge, "port configure <portname> +foo +bar", etc. I only do an initial
"port fetch" and then I edited the php5 Portfile to make my additions and
then I ran port install +foo +bar ... so this is a wee bit confusing unless
even the fetch phase should be conducted *after* I've my the additions to
the php5 Portfile?

It seems one can learn something really new every day about MacPorts :-)

Thanks,

T.M.