py-epydoc problems remain

Tabitha McNerney tabithamc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 05:23:18 PDT 2008

Hi all -

I noticed that Ticket 34730 <http://trac.macports.org/changeset/34730> for
py-epydoc states:

Update to version 3.0.1, closes #14316<http://trac.macports.org/ticket/14316>

I indeed have py-epydoc version 3.0.1 on my system (Mac OS X Server 10.5.1)
with the python24 port installed and activated beforehand, and I'm always
getting this error at the tail end (from verbose output of "port -f install
py-epydoc"):

changing mode of
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_python_py-epydoc/work/destroot/opt/local/bin/epydocgui
to 755
xinstall:
chdir(/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_python_py-epydoc/work/epydoc-3.0.1)
*Error*: Target org.macports.destroot returned: xinstall: *Cannot stat:
LICENSE.TXT, No such file or directory*
Warning: the following items did not execute (for py-epydoc):
org.macports.activate org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
*Error*: Status 1 encountered during processing.

Has anyone else observed this problem? I have a copy of the entire verbose
output and wouldn't midn posting it in the bugs section but I thought I'd
double check first on the mailing list to see if there is something obvious
I might be missing, before making a bugaboo for ticket 34730.

Much thanks,

T.M.