Having a pretty rough time getting php5 installed

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat Aug 9 16:26:45 PDT 2008

>> I would recommend to use everything from MacPorts. We have a HOWTO
>> for setting up Apache, MySQL and PHP:
>> <http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/MAMP>
>

> With this all up and running, where is my.cnf read from? I only find
>
> /local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
> databases/
> mysql4/files/my.cnf
>
> That seems to be for mysql 4, not 5.  I can find a copy of the version
> 5, but where do I put it? Or do I add a parameter to the launcd plist
> in the array and tell it to locate it where I want?

In case this helps anyone, i ran
find . -name 'my*\.cnf'

This showed me the locations of the conf files, reading them told me
where to put them.

Thanks to everyone for the help, I have Apache2, MySql5 and php5
running nice now.

I will probably be back wondering about updates when new versions are
released :)
--
Scott
talklists at newgeo.com