Port request: wdg-validate

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Aug 12 18:38:42 PDT 2008

On Aug 12, 2008, at 08:25, Michael Dexter wrote:

> I have tried to build wdg-validate on Mac OS 10.4 and it fails.
> (http://htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/offline/index.html.en) A port
> would
> be greatly appreciated. Is anyone interested in porting this
> voluntarily
> or if necessary as a bounty?

Well, the MacPorts project isn't about taking software that doesn't
work on Mac OS X and making it work on Mac OS X ("porting" it to Mac
OS X). Instead, it's about taking software which does work on Mac OS
X and making it easier to install. So if wdg-validate does not build
on Mac OS X, then you need to speak with the developers of wdg-
validate to first make it work on Mac OS X. Then a MacPorts port can
be created for it.