set deployment target from macports.conf

Harry van der Wolf hvdwolf at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 01:40:52 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm currently on Tiger but I'm planning to move to Leopard. I build bundles
for 2 open source projects currently by "hand compiling" almost every
library as universal. I'm trying to move to MacPorts as that's much simpler
and MacPorts has much improved in the Universal section.
If I build an application bundle on Leopard using macports, it will crash on
Tiger with a bus error. Most possibly due to the default deployment target
and mmacosx-version-min which are default set to 10.5 on Leopard 10.5 (I
assume?)

So, is it possible to set the macosx_deployment_target and CFLAG/CXXFLAG
setting -mmacosx-version-min to 10.4 also on Leopard as a default in
macports.conf or another configuration file?

Or to make it specific:
Can I add
"configure.macosx_deployment_target       10.4"
"configure.fcflags-append   -mmacosx-version-min=10.4"

in macports.conf to be able to also build for Tiger on Leopard?

- Or should I "patch" one of the scripts/files in
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/base to do this.
- Or should I build macports from source specifying some parameter?

If you know a much better way how to achieve my goal than please tell me.

Kind regards,
Harry