set deployment target from macports.conf

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Fri Aug 22 02:34:04 PDT 2008

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> Theoretically +universal should be able to handle this,
>> but cross-compiling isn't really supported in MacPorts.
>
> Yeah. So why did we expose the options in macports.conf again? :)

We were trying some stuff out in trunk, when somebody (ehrm) said
you can't do things in code only but it needs to be in conf too ;-)

Seriously, "binary packages" and "cross-compiling" are both rather
neat features but MacPorts in its current state isn't up to them...
That doesn't mean that it could be made to support them with some
effort, only thing is whether that would be worth-while or not ?

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this!"
--anders