[macports-users] KMyMoney 0.8.9 fails to compile

Thibaut Cousin informatique at thibaut-cousin.net
Thu Aug 28 07:29:38 PDT 2008

Hello,

   I'm using Macports 1.6.0 (selfupdate was made) on Leopard 10.5.4
Intel.
   Installing the rest of KDE, and other KDE applications, went fine
but KMyMoney is an exception. Downloading and configuring is OK, but
building fails with:

Making install in pics
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
test -z "/opt/local/share/apps/kmymoney2/pics/" || ../../admin/install-
sh -c -d "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_kde_kmymoney/work/destroot/opt/local/share/
apps/kmymoney2/pics/"
mkdir: /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_kde_kmymoney/work/destroot/opt/local/share/
apps/kmymoney2/pics/: File exists
make[3]: *** [install-kmymoneyDATA] Error 1
make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

   I met the same problem a few weeks ago, when I was using Fink. I
could solve it by changing something in the Makefile : replacing
install -c -d by mkdir -p. But:

1) This was an ugly hack.
2) I don't know how to make a change inside the source tarball with
Macports.
3) Maybe there's a better solution, or this new problem isn't really
related to the previous one.

   Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you. :-)

--
Thibaut Cousin
http://www.thibaut-cousin.net