sudo port upgrade all

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Dec 1 13:04:39 PST 2008

On Dec 1, 2008, at 15:01, Altoine Barker wrote:

> Personally, I came across this before and use this command "sudo
> port -vu upgrade outdated" to avoid having any more similar issues.
> It has worked for me so far for the past year.HTH

"port upgrade" is for upgrading ports and dependencies (ports that
the port being upgraded depends on)
The "-R" flag is for upgrading dependents (ports that depend on the
port being upgraded)
The "-u" flag tells MacPorts to uninstall the old version after
installing the new version
The "-v" flag tells MacPorts to be verbose about what it's doing