MacPorts installs libraries I already have!

Kevin Reid kpreid at mac.com
Thu Dec 4 14:50:24 PST 2008

On Dec 4, 2008, at 11:40, Andrea D'Amore wrote:

> You could check FAQ:
> <http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#WillMacPortslinktosystemlibrariesratherthanitsown
> >
> and
> <http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#WhyisMacPortsusingitsownlibraries>
>
> By the way those anchors are _ugly_, we should consider switching to
> numbers instead, like "#2.5" and "#2.6" editing the [[PageOutline]]
> macro.

Using numbers is a bad idea, unless the document is never modified;
existing links break whenever items are added, removed, or reordered.

I recommend creating short identifiers for each heading separate from
any numbering *or* title.

(The Subversion FAQ is an example of this style:
   <http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html>)