Distfiles mirror behind proxy

Max Asato asato at cae1.aero.org
Tue Dec 9 18:11:00 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 12:14:35PM +1100, Joshua Root wrote:
> Max Asato wrote:
> > We would ideally like to mirror the primary distfile server internally
> > as well, but it sounds like that the new distserver.macports.org site
> > is tied to the 1.7 release.  I've futzed around with the mirror_sites.tcl
> > file a bit so it looks like it would be possible to direct our users
> > to an internal mirror first before trying to navigate through the
> > proxies.  Are there any reasons not to do this?  It looks like the
> > MASTER_SITE_LOCAL environment variable mechanism doesn't support
> > subdirectories under 1.6, does 1.7 work differently?
>
> You could edit the macports mirror group in
> /opt/local/share/macports/resources/port1.0/fetch/mirror_sites.tcl to
> contain "http://your.mirror.host/:mirror".

Is there a simple way to get MacPorts to try our internal mirror first?
This seems to set a default that is tried after everything else fails.
We could also add our mirror to the top of each group but won't these
changes get undone at the next "port sync" or "port selfupdate"?

> > Last but not least, is there any way to get MacPorts to install packages
> > from a port archive file that was built on another system?  I've set the
> > portarchivemode parameter in macports.conf on two intel Macs (both
> > running 10.4.11), built a package on one and copied the archive over
> > to /opt/local/var/macports/packages/darwin/i386/ on the other but
> > MacPorts ignored the archive and attempted to fetch and build the
> > package again on the other system.  It would be nice if we didn't have
> > to subject every Scipy user to a bootstrap build of gcc.
>
> At least in theory, the -b option should do this.
>
> - Josh

I'll try that tonight.   Thanks.

-Max