plplot fails to build

Alexy Khrabrov deliverable at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 08:31:08 PST 2008

Ah, in fact I built the whole gnome stack with +no_x11 (gtk-osx), and
plplot apparently supports cairo quartz drivers -- we just need to
tell it not to use X11 somehow.

> /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_science_plplot/work/plplot-5.9.0/drivers/cairo.c:43:24:
> error: cairo-xlib.h: No such file or directory

Also, plplot variants only include python, java, and octave.  Who
decides that OCaml and Ada are not needed on a Mac?  :)   Similarly,
SWIG lacks OCaml although it has it in the source.  What's the idea
with cutting things from the ports?  Can there be a "full" install by
default -- if a package provides everything?  E.g., one may have OCaml
from source, so you may use OCaml bingings even if OCaml is not in
macports.

Cheers,
Alexy