libxml2 woes (PHP5 and friends)

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Sat Dec 13 07:37:00 PST 2008

On 2008-12-11 , at 03:41 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> but I don't see the difference between those and what is in the PHP
>> configuration on macports that looks like
>>
>> 	 --with-libxml-dir=${prefix} \
>> 	 --with-gettext=${prefix} \
>> 	 --with-xml \
>> 	 --with-expat-dir=${prefix} \
>> 	 --with-xmlrpc \

w00t

with this change

     --with-xml \
     --with-libexpat-dir=${prefix} \
     --with-xmlrpc \

the xml parsing problem "goes away". I upgraded php5 on my Leopard
system, restarted Apache (finally learned the trick of "kill -SIGHUP
xx" where xx is the PID of the Apache daemondo process) and tested from

	Wordpress/external Wordpress edit tool (MarsEdit)
	Flickr "Blog This"

Both tests passed with flying colors. Thanks Ryan!!!

8)