gnucash configure error (gnomecanvas)

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Dec 14 13:14:53 PST 2008

Fred Dushin wrote:
> That worked, thanks.
>
> I also needed to install both xorg-libXrandr and xorg-libXdamage to
> build gtk2.  There is a trac ticket for xorg-libXrandr
> (http://trac.macports.org/ticket/17360), but I don't know if there is
> one for the missing xorg-libXdamage dependency.

If you're using Leopard, it's actually a problem with some files that
Apple shipped referring to the wrong library:
<http://trac.macports.org/wiki/LeopardProblems#usrX11liblibXrandr.2.0.0.dylib:Nosuchfileordirectory>

> Should there be a trac ticket to capture the missing dependency from
> gnomecanvas to gtk2, as well?

The libgnomecanvas port does depend on gtk2. You already had gtk2
installed, so the dependency appeared to be satisfied. Unfortunately
it's not currently possible to specify a dependency on a particular version.

- Josh