Error upgrading xrender on Panther

Perry Lee perry at macports.org
Mon Dec 15 14:10:31 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 02:00:15PM -0800, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:
> 	Attached is a debug sample of the loop.  I tried "sudo port -d upgrade
> installed >ports.log" and the output only went to the Terminal window.

As a quick answer to why the output only went to the Terminal window rather
than to ports.log, debug output is sent to stderr rather than stdout.  In order
to send debug output to the file ports.log as well, you want to add 2>&1, which
redirects stderr to stdout (or alternatively use 2>foo.log to send stderr to
the file foo.log).