R GUI

David Epstein David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Dec 17 09:46:45 PST 2008

Andrei Tchijov wrote:

> Why bother with Mac port when R ppl have native mac gui?

I really wanted to find out how to search using port. Jesse Hamner showed
how to remove the regular expression part from the clutches of port, so that
the output from port list can be dealt with using standard Unix facilities.
In retrospect, this is the obvious approach.

port list R* can't do what we want, can it? The shell tries to expand R* to
match a file in the current directory, and otherwise exits with "No match".
If one shields R* from the shell with quote marks, for example, then one
gets a list of all ports starting with R or r, and there are too many of
them for comfort.

David