Issues Upgrading Outdated Under 1.700

Tim Visher tim.visher at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 06:50:58 PST 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:

> Then check for the lock file:
>  /opt/local/var/macports/receipts/dep_map.bz2.lock
> If it is there, remove it.

Well, you nailed it.  There was a persistent lock file.  I did remove
it.  And I was able to continue the install successfully for a very
brief amount of time.  Unfortunately, now I'm failing with the
following message (and _no_ lock file):

    Waiting for lock on
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_boost/work/.macports.boost.state

I've done `find /opt -name '*.lock' -print` a bunch of times and
nothing shows up, so I don't _think_ it's a lock file issue this time,
but I've got no idea.

Thanks for your help so far.

--

In Christ,