sieve for dovecot

Raj Shekhar r.shekhar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 13:01:12 PST 2008

Hi,

I installed dovecot from macports.  The imap server is running fine.

However, I wanted to have mail filtering on the imap server.  Dovecot
says that it works with sieve for filtering.  The problem is that
sieve is not available in the ports.  I tried compiling sieve for
dovecot, but the INSTALL file for the sieve says that I need the
pre-built dovecot sources available.  If sources are not available, it
requires the dovecot-config to present.

My questions are -

- Is there a sieve available in the ports somewhere that I am missing?
- Has anyone compiled sieve for dovecot?  If yes, please let me know
the magic ./configure line :-)
- Is there an alternative to sieve for filtering imap?

Any hints would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

--
Raj Shekhar