sieve for dovecot

Mark Hattam mark at dxradio.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 17:15:43 PST 2008

On 20 Dec 2008, at 00:12, Raj Shekhar wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Mark Hattam
> <mark at dxradio.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> You probably wouldn't. Dovecot does what it's told ... it serves
>> the mail
>> you've already sorted.
>
> Doh! Thanks for setting me on the correct path!
>

>> I call maildrop from getmail ... getmail connects to my ISP(s),
>> downloads
>> mail, deletes it from the ISP(s), then calls maildrop to process
>> the mail.
>>

> As I have multiple accounts that I want to fetch to my local laptop,
> this howto for ubuntu looks useful
> <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/POP3Aggregator> (for anyone else
> who wants to do something similar)
>

> Thanks for your help!
>
> --
> Raj Shekhar

Yep, that's pretty much it in principle.
I'm triggering getmail using a LaunchAgent rather than Cron, and yes
you set a separate getmailrc file for each ISP account.
Also another watch folder Agent is watching a "you missed this spam"
directory which I move any missed spam into.
DSpam is set up with a MySQL db store.

Mark