How to keep source

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sun Dec 21 09:43:19 PST 2008

On Dec 20, 2008, at 8:40 PM, Bart Masschelein wrote:
> This file is not there however. I assume it is put there
> termporarily, and removed after install. Which steps should I
> undertake (and especially which not) in order to keep those source
> files?

from the macports.conf manpage:

      portautoclean
          Automatic cleaning of the build directory of a given port
after it
          has been installed.
          Default: yes

So, if you really want the source (and objects) for ever port you
build to stay around unless you explicitly clean them, then you'll
want to set this to 'no'

--
Daniel J. Luke