configuring port

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Sun Dec 21 09:56:37 PST 2008

> On Dec 19, 2008, at 10:16 AM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>> Is there some reading that someone could point me to that could
>> help me with downloading and reconfiguring a port from macports?
>
> The guide should help you out, especially:
>
> http://guide.macports.org/#development
>
>> I'm looking to take advantage of the macports patches and handling
>> of dependies.
>

> If you think your variants would be useful to more than just you,
> I'm sure we'd be glad to add them. Please file tickets with your
> proposed patches if so.

Daniel, I see you are the macports maintainer for bind9 which I am
trying to create a variant for. I wouldn't call my work patch quality
yet.

If I wanted to share what I have found with a maintainer and get some
feedback and learn enough about macports to be able to offer quality
patches is there an email list or forum target for this type of
discussion?

TIA,

Brad