xfe (fox) segmentation fault

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Dec 24 12:02:13 PST 2008

On Dec 24, 2008, at 10:54, Jonathan Stickel wrote:

> I would like to try the xfe file manager.  It installs fine (Tiger
> 10.4.11), but then seg faults when I try to run it:
>
> $ xfe
> Segmentation fault
>
> The problem seems to be with the fox library on which it is built;
> if I run a binary that is part of the fox build, I also get
> segmentation faults.  For example:
>
> $ port contents fox | grep bin
>   /opt/local/bin/adie
>
> $ /opt/local/bin/adie
> Segmentation fault
>
> Does anyone else see this?  Should I file a bug report ticket?

I don't get a segmentation fault on Tiger... When X11 is not running
I get:

$ adie
Adie::openDisplay: unable to open display :0.0

And when X11 is running I get:

$ adie
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Cannot connect to non-local
XIO:  fatal IO error 22 (Unknown error: 0) on X server ":0.0"
       after 7 requests (6 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

Which is this ticket:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/17558