Error installing xpdf with openmotif

spam.spam.spam.spam at free.fr spam.spam.spam.spam at free.fr
Fri Dec 26 14:47:08 PST 2008

Selon Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at macports.org>:

> >> I wonder if /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h is seeing headers from
> >> macports' freetype instead of X11SDK freetype and getting
> >> flustered...
> >
> > We want freetype in ${prefix} to be used instead of freetype in $
> > {x11prefix}, as per our standing policy, because MacPorts freetype
> > is newer...
>
> Right, I understand that.  I was drawing the line for "from macports"
> at png, pixman, cairo, freetype, and fontconfig.  Everything in /usr/
> X11 from x.org was being used if it is compatible.
>
> > If Xft2 in ${x11prefix} gets confused by using freetype in ${prefix}
> > then we should be using Xft2 in ${prefix}, which I would think we
> > should be doing anyway because it's newer too.
>
> Well then where do you draw the line?  Should we start forcing libX11
> in macports because it's newer?  I'd be all for forcing Macports X11
> libs over system X11 libs, since it would throw all of these issues
> (.la-fu, dependencies pulling in conflicting libX11s (#17558), header-
> mixup-fu, ...) out the window!
>
> We could still add a +system_x11 variant to all of the X11 lib
> packages which would cause them to just be stubs, so people could
> continue to use their system X11 by enabling that variant...
>
> > But in r43207 you changed the port, Jeremy, from requiring the
> > MacPorts Xft2 to accepting an Xft2 in ${x11prefix}. I do have the
> > Xft2 port installed. Do you, "spam.spam.spam.spam", or are you using
> > Xft2 in ${x11prefix}?
>
> Everything that I changed from using port:Xft2 to lib:libXft:Xft2
> (including openmotif), I tested with no Xft2 port installed on both
> Tiger and Leopard.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have my Tiger box with me over holiday, so I
> can't be much help with this right now, but I'll be able to diagnose
> it further next week.

Thanx for all you answers.

I havn't Xft2 package installed :
$ port uninstall Xft2
Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: Xft2 not registered as installed.

So, if xpdf depend of it, I install it:
$ sudo port install Xft2

After this, I restart the MacBook then I do :
$ sudo port selfupdate

MacPorts base version 1.700 installed
Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.700

The MacPorts installation is not outdated so it was not updated

$ sudo port clean openmotif
--->  Cleaning openmotif

Finally, I install xpdf :
$ sudo port install xpdf

After this I must deactivate the port poppler and restart :
$ sudo port install xpdf

And now xpdf works fine! (after launch X11)
Thank you a lot. I think xpdf need the dependance : Xft2 to works correctly. But
I let you decide what you should do :)