libxml2 woes (PHP5 and friends)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Dec 28 01:01:25 PST 2008

On Dec 26, 2008, at 21:06, Thomas Foutz wrote:

> I have been bugged by this for a while.  I currently have php5
> 5.2.8 installed on my tiger system.  How could i go about
> implementing this fix you mentioned?

Hi Thomas. I'm afraid I don't know of any fix at this time. Chris
Janton mentioned in his last message that things now worked for him,
but I didn't understand why.

The PHP bug on this issue mentions that the next version of libxml2
will include a fix for this issue:

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=45996

So, we wait for that release to occur. Or if someone can figure out
where their source code is repository and if they have already
checked in a fix then perhaps we can apply it to the libxml2 port now
already.

I'm copying this message back to the macports-users mailing list
where the thread originated.