Strange MPlayer error after successful install

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Dec 28 14:51:08 PST 2008

On Dec 28, 2008, at 12:20, Tim Visher wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Tim Visher wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking that the smb variant might be what's causing this?
>
> I just finished reinstalling sans-+smb and I can now run mplayer.  So
> I think this is a confirmed source of the error I was getting.  What
> would this cause said failure though?  I'd like the smb variant if I
> can get it.

I can confirm it too. I even got a crash during the build:

2008-12-28 16:41:45 -0600

Link (dyld) error:

Library not loaded: bin/libsmbclient.dylib.0
   Referenced from: /tmp/mplayer-conf-21768-20833
   Reason: image not found

I'd recommend you file a bug report in our issue tracker for this
problem. I'm not clear whether the problem is with MPlayer or samba3
so you'd better send the ticket to both maintainers.