python/py-mysql

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Feb 2 15:24:35 PST 2008

I can't really help you since I don't use python or leopard. I just
wanted to say a few things:

On Jan 31, 2008, at 09:29, Suresh Pillai wrote:

> I was imprecise on python25 not installing.  In fact, it was py25-
> hashlib that failed to compile, a dependency for py25-mysql.

I don't see any tickets open about py25-hashlib so you should show us
the error you get when trying to build it, or file it in a ticket

> I've also found with some googling that the py-mysql error can be
> fixed on LEOPARD by commenting out from _mysql.c
>
> #ifndef uint
> #define uint unsigned int
> #endif
>
> Apologies if everyone already knew this. :)

The py25-mysql portfile does indeed include a patchfile which does
just that. It was added 2 months ago specifically to fix build issues
on leopard:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/31502

This implies that it should work on leopard.