libtool woes

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Sun Feb 3 08:29:46 PST 2008

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> This problem is since the change to "/usr/bin/gcc-4.0" for CC.
>> Switching compiler back to "gcc" (or "gcc-4.0") makes it work.
>>
>> Something like: port build configure.cc=gcc configure.cxx=g++
>
> Can you explain more? Isn't "gcc" the same as "/usr/bin/gcc" which is
> a symlink to "/usr/bin/gcc-4.0"? Also, I do not experience this
> problem with apache2; why would some people see it and not others?

It's the exact same thing, just that some versions of libtool
weren't able to determine what to do with "/usr/bin/gcc-4.0"

Haven't yet checked which ports the issue affects, and which
are hit by something else - but it would be something to check...

Rebuilding libtool might also work, haven't tried that either.

--anders