Emacs and Leopard problems continue

Arnaud Delobelle delobelle at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 12:50:07 PST 2008

On 4 Feb 2008, at 15:17, Rob MacLeod wrote:

> I totally agree about the desirability of an X11 port for its look
> and feel.  I have tried all the Carbon and Aqua ports I have come
> across and none of them are superior (and most inferior) to the
> tried and true.

I find it hard to understand how an X11 Emacs can be significantly
superior to Carbon Emacs or Aquamacs.  I used X11 Emacs on GNU/Linux,
then Carbon Emacs on Tiger and now Aquamacs on Leopard and to me there
is no significant difference.

Carbon Emacs and Aquamacs are both excellent IMHO.  Using Aquamacs I
get good copy/paste cooperation with other apps.  I certainly don't
feel the need to run X11 just for Emacs, as to me its looks and feel
is about what's happening inside the window, not about what what the
window or menu bar looks like.

--
Arnaud