p5-getopt-long and perl5.8 - activation error

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Tue Feb 5 06:50:31 PST 2008

On 2008-02-05 09:35:38 -0500, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> The only reason why that dependency should be specified is if the port
> needs the newer version of that module than is provided by perl core. If
> the dependency really isn't needed, perhaps you should open a ticket with
> the port maintainer and get them to remove the dependency?

BTW, I did that for p5-archive-tar, but bug #13745 is still open after
more than a month...

Also, non-core versions of core modules should be seen as development
versions, so that ports should never depend on them (does anyone have
any example where this is necessary?).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>