soft problem with awk

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Tue Feb 5 10:15:53 PST 2008

On some fairly controled installs, I'm getting

configure: error: No awk program found

this is resolved by running the same port command again.
I'm using a zsh shell, and I wonder if rehash is needed
at some point?

first ports of 1.6.0 bootstrap:
sudo port install openvpn2 p5-xml-xpath pstree

completes without error, second port command:

sudo port -v install subversion vim aspell-dict-en par

fails per below, but when the second command is run
again it completes without error. Obviously this is not
very problematic but I thought I'd mention it.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information!

// George

checking if you want to build programs such as tic... yes
checking if you wish to install curses.h... yes
checking for mawk... (cached) no
checking for gawk... (cached) no
checking for nawk... (cached) no
checking for awk... (cached) no
configure: error: No awk program found

Warning: the following items did not execute (for ncursesw): org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: apr-util sqlite3 gawk gettext ncurses ncursesw readline neon
film:MacPorts-1.6.0 geo$ sudo port -v install subversion vim aspell-dict-en par

--
George Georgalis, information system scientist <IXOYE><