Conflicting uuid_t types error building apr

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Feb 5 15:38:48 PST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008, at 5:05 PM, John O'Shea wrote:
> I'm getting the following error when attempting to build devel/apr:
>
>> In file included from misc/unix/rand.c:39:
>> /opt/local/include/uuid.h:94: error: conflicting types for 'uuid_t'
>> /usr/include/unistd.h:133: error: previous declaration of 'uuid_t'
>> was here
>> make[1]: *** [misc/unix/rand.lo] Error 1
>
> which doesn't make any sense to me, given the following snippets of
> the appropriate files:
>
> /opt/local/include/uuid.h

what does

port provides /opt/local/include/uuid.h

say?

I don't have that file, and thus don't see that error when building apr.

You could probably deactivate or uninstall the port that provides that
to get apr to build, but if I can find out what port is conflicting, I
may be able to patch apr (or the portfile) to fix it as well ...
--
Daniel J. Luke