libIDL woes

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 5 18:14:03 PST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008, at 18:35, David Rowe wrote:

> On Feb 5, 2008 paul beard wrote:
>
>> On Feb 5, 2008 2:35 PM, David Rowe wrote:
>>
>>> This is on an Intel-based MacBookPro running Tiger with
>>> everything as up
>>> to date as possible. XCode is version 2.5
>>>
>>> I have been trying to follow the discussions on libtool woes but it
>>> looks as if this is a different problem.
>>

>> Looks like it has been worked around: try a fresh sync of your
>> ports tree and see what happens. Worked for me™
>
> No luck - I tried port sync and even port selfupdate, but I still
> get the same problem

The problem has not been worked around. The bug is still open:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/14144

The problems that were worked around were the "unable to infer tagged
configuration" bug affecting apache2, mjpegtools and possibly others.
These were fixed by bumping the revision of apr and libtool to force
their rebuild.

The libidl bug is a different and unrelated bug. libidl is
unmaintained so someone will have to volunteer to figure out what's
breaking, and how to fix it. Actually, Tod Morrison just posted in
the bug that he found a reason why it's failing, and a workaround,
but not yet a fix that we can apply to the portfile.