I think I've found a bug in configure for help2man, but would like to verify

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Wed Feb 6 00:48:01 PST 2008

Omar Green wrote:

> I wouldn't have necessarily thought this was a bug (maybe double
> referencing
> CC is just how you guys roll), but I stumbled on a different bug while
> Googling around trying to diagnose the problem (completely different
> system,
> but consistent behavior)

No it's not a particular rolling style,
Some ports are getting GCC twice - that's a bug. (did you file a
ticket?)
Some ports are getting no GCC - that's a bug too. (bug #13930 and
friends)

I would suspect something wrong between base/libtool/portfile
interaction...
It's supposed to look something like: "checking for gcc...
/usr/bin/gcc-4.0"
But some aren't expecting $CC to be a path.

--anders