Is HFS really "scary"?

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 08:29:41 PST 2008

On Feb 6, 2008 5:17 AM, David Corking <lists at dcorking.com> wrote:

> He is known for exaggeration.  He once called all C++ programmers
> unspeakable names on a mailing list.
>
> However if you like his designs, there is an ext2 fs driver for Mac OS X!
>
> I personally am I bit frustrated with HFS+, as I experienced
> first-hand the limits of its fsck utility (*).   But I am no
> filesystem expert, and my one anecdote would not be enough to justify
> a 'crappy' label.
>
> > if people seriously ask you to consider linux, ask them which one and
> why that one and not the others.
>
> They could ask you why you prefer macports over fink or even FreeBSD.
> Be ready to answer!

[OT]
I use FreeBSD and like it just fine: in fact that's one of the reason I use
[Mac|Darwin]Ports. fink was fine but once it became a leaderless mob, I
left. So I have tried the two ports systems that have traction, and have a
choice. Now let's talk about hundreds of Linux distros . . . .  ;-)
[/OT]
--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at gmail.com>