p5-getopt-long and perl5.8 - activation error

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Wed Feb 6 14:15:05 PST 2008

On 2008-02-06 12:52:45 -0500, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2008, at 12:45 PM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>> No-one complained that users have to modify their $PATH.
>> With $PERL5LIB, this is the same thing.
>
> We attempt to automatically modify users' $PATH with the installer.

In a similar way, you could also attempt to automatically modify
users' $PERL5LIB. Of course, the APPLLIB_EXP solution would make
that useless, but anyway, you'll probably need to modify $PATH again
because some modules have their own binaries that may need to be
installed in a specific bin directory.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>