Is there lesstif-devel for macports?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Feb 7 17:37:31 PST 2008

On Feb 7, 2008, at 19:26, Michael Franz wrote:

> I have installed lesstif but the development header files are
> missing.  Does macports have a version that includes the headers?
> Where would I get Xm/Xm.h?

MacPorts does not use -devel ports for this purpose. (MacPorts -devel
ports serve an unrelated purpose, of giving you access to the latest
development version of a port, rather than the latest stable
version.) All MacPorts ports should already include the headers you
need.

According to "port contents lesstif" I see that Xm.h has been
installed into /usr/X11R6/include/Xm/Xm.h

That's on Tiger anyway. On Leopard it might be in /usr/X11/include/Xm/
Xm.h but "port contents lesstif" will tell you for sure.