Mercurial Fetch Type

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Feb 10 12:30:59 PST 2008

Michael Franz wrote:
> Is it possible to use mercurial as a fetch type like cvs and subversion?
>  The Forest Extension to Mercurial is not distributed as a tar file, the
> only way that I can get it is by using mercurial.

No, that's currently not supported. As mercurial is a decentralized
version control system wouldn't it require to pull the whole history to
get a checkout?
Better ask the maintainers of the software to release source bundles.
Maybe you could also look how other package management tools (FreeBSD
ports, Gentoo portage, ...) solved this if they provide the software.

Rainer