PHP Problems

Thomas Condon tomc at sounddsl.com
Sat Feb 16 12:47:37 PST 2008

Folks,

I have installed Apache2, PHP5 & MySQL5 on my G4 TiBook (1 GHz, .5GB,
OSX 10.4) after a fresh install of Tiger.  However, it does not serve up
the PHP files correctly.  HTML works fine on the local machine.
Personal Web Sharing is on and the firewall is off (I'm behind another
firewall).  When I check for active installations of the critical
systems with the port command it looks like this:

************************
Mac-The-Knife:~/Sites Captain$ port installed mysql5 apache2 php5
   mysql5 @5.0.51_0 (active)
   apache2 @2.2.8_0 (active)
   php5 @5.2.5_1+apache2+macosx+mysql5 (active)
Mac-The-Knife:~/Sites Captain$
************************

But if I set Firefox to point to a local file (in my Sites directory)
containing the following test code:

************************
   <head>
     <title>PHP Test</title>
   </head>
     <?php echo '<p>Hello World</p>'; ?>
************************

the result is that Firefox opens new blank windows at a rate of 2/second
until such time as I get them all closed, or until the last x (10-15) of
them are closed.  I have counted as high as 50 windows before I started
closing them, so I know it went well over that.

Can anyone tell me what I missed about turning PHP serving on for this
machine?

In A Chord,

Tom Condon
Bass, Agate Passage Quartet
Bass & Proud Member, Kitsap Chordsmen
Dir. Music Education, Evergreen District, BHS