Macports On Pure Darwin

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Sun Feb 17 00:40:00 PST 2008

Yves de Champlain wrote:

>> Is there a version of Macports that can be installed on a darwin
>> installation?  I installed the Darwin 8 iso and can not get
>> Macports to configure since GNUStep is missing.
>
> You can install an older version of macports, install gnustep and
> then update macports.
>
> But I don't know since when GNUstep is required.

Foundation is required since MacPorts 1.4, so either Cocoa or GNUstep
is needed...
(always available on Mac OS X, so shouldn't ever be a problem on Mac
platforms)

It is used for building the Tcl -> Objective-C support in the
"tclobjc1.0" module.
The requirement can be avoided by editing configure/make to not build
this module.

--anders